Friday, December 4, 2009

Live and Learn

I learned a valuable lesson today. Always check what sale paper you are looking at online before you make your coupon-matching list. Always. Yesterday as I was putting together the coupon-match list for Giant I included milk for 2.50. So, doing my couponing today, I bought four gallons. It wasn't until I got out into the parking lot that it occurred to me that my total was higher than it should have been. I looked at my receipt and discovered that the milk discount had not come off my club card scan. As I was on my way in to go to customer service, I decided I'd better grab an ad there at the store and peruse it first, just to be sure, in case I needed to show it to customer service. Alas, there was no milk on sale! Turns out, it's only on sale in the Rehoboth Beach, Millville and Long Neck, Delaware stores; not in my home store in which I shopped today. *Sigh* I now have four gallons of very expensive milk. At least I didn't embarrass myself by going to customer service!

No comments:

Post a Comment